Mission of the Division of Academic Affairs at Baruch College
The Division of Academic Affairs leads and supports an intellectual community committed to rigorous, inclusive, and transformative teaching, learning, and scholarship.
The Division of Academic Affairs collaborates with faculty and administrators to achieve excellence in all aspects of the academic life of the College. Essential to our mission is nurturing a transformative intellectual environment—one in which faculty and student inquiry are mutually enriching, and in which the College’s academic and administrative units are defined by quality, rigor, diversity, and inclusivity.
We lead and support the following core functions:
- the recruitment, retention, and success of faculty and staff;
- providing direct academic support services to develop students as active learners and effective communicators;
- support faculty and staff in their quest to improve student learning;
- the cultivation of and support for research and scholarship;
- and fostering local, national, and global perspectives among students, faculty and staff.
In carrying out these responsibilities, and assessing the efficacy of these endeavors, the Division facilitates the College’s ability to operate effectively, ethically, and with integrity, in compliance with all federal, state, and accreditation regulations.