General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
The following excerpt summarizes the “Ethics Reminder” from JCOPE, but please read the attached as well.
… a complimentary copy of a textbook provided to a State educator does not constitute a prohibited gift, so long as the following conditions are met:
- The textbook’s subject matter is directly related to the recipient’s duties or field of study;
- The textbook is used solely in connection with the recipient’s official duties;
- The recipient does not resell or trade the textbook for money or any other thing of monetary value;
- The recipient does not request or receive multiple copies of the same textbook; and
- The recipient does not ask a publisher for copies of textbooks for personal interests, or for the personal or professional interest of others.
A complimentary textbook that does not meet these conditions could be a prohibited gift. If in doubt, please contact your agency Ethics Officer or JCOPE for guidance.
The attached document also may be found in the Faculty Handbook:
Baruch College’s Ethics Officer is Olga Dais, Esq.: 646-312-3320 or Olga.Dais@baruch.cuny.edu
Dennis Slavin, PhD
Associate Provost for Teaching and Learning
Assistant Vice President
Baruch College, CUNY
646-660-6504 (phone); 646-660-6531 (fax)