General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
From: Carol Schechter, Ethics Officer
The following message supersedes and clarifies the version that was sent to some members of the Baruch community on Wednesday, December 10, 2014:
Under the Public Integrity Act of 2011, Baruch College is obligated to disclose information about reportable business relationships with State Officials or entities as specified in the State Law. Consequently, a New York State Business Relationship Form must be filed with CUNY twice a year, in January and July.
In order for the College to comply with State law, any full-time and part-time CUNY employee must complete the attached Business Relationship Form, if s/he has a relationship with a “State Official” as defined below. To clarify, a “State Official” is an individual who is a statewide elected official, state officer, or state employee, member of the legislature or legislative employee.
For the purposes of these guidelines, “State Official” shall mean:
- Heads of state departments and their deputies and assistants other than members of the board of regents of the University of the State of New York who receive no compensation or are compensated on a per diem basis;
- Officers and employees of statewide elected officials.
Relationships with a State Official for more than one year are reportable when:
- Value of compensation (goods, services, anything of value) exceeds $1,000
- Compensation exceeds $1,000 during any consecutive 12 months
- Value of goods, services, or anything of value performed or provided exceeds $1,000
- Outstanding compensation for goods, services or anything of value already performed or provided exceeds $1,000
- Value of the goods, services or anything of value to be performed or provided in exchange for compensation already received exceeds $1,000
The next filing date of January 2015 is fast approaching and your assistance in forwarding this message would be invaluable.
Please ensure that the attached form is completed by faculty and staff members that meet the specified criteria for a reportable business relationship. The original form must be returned to Carol Schechter, Interim Executive Legal Counsel and Labor Designee, by Monday, January 5, 2015.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact Carol Schechter at 646-312-3320 or Carol.Schechter@baruch.cuny.edu.