General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
Schedule of classes
Please make note of the following features of the schedule of classes this spring. (They appear along with others on the college’s academic calendar at http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/registrar/due_dates.htm#sp15):
- January 28 (Wednesday): First day of classes
- February 12 (Thursday): Lincoln's Birthday - College is closed; no classes are scheduled
- February 16 (Monday): Presidents' Day - College is closed; no classes are scheduled
- February 18 (Wednesday): Classes follow a Monday schedule
- April 3-11 (Friday-Saturday): Spring Recess - no classes are scheduled
- April 16 (Thursday): Last day for students to drop classes with the grade of “W”
- May 16 (Saturday): Last day of classes
- May 17 (Sunday): Reading Day - no classes scheduled; no exams may be scheduled
- May 18-24 (Monday-Sunday): Final exam period; no finals may be administered outside this period
- May 24 (Sunday): End of Spring Term
- May 25 (Monday): Memorial Day - the college is closed
- May 28 (Thursday): Commencement
Religious and other holidays
Some students will observe some of the holidays listed below. (I have recorded only those listed by the City of New York at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/alternate-side-parking.shtml.) Please take the religious holidays into consideration in scheduling exams and assignments; please permit those who observe the holiday an opportunity to make up any missed assignments or exams. Students are responsible for making up any missed work.
- February 19 (Thursday) Asian Lunar New Year
- March 5 (Thursday): Purim (Jewish holiday) *
- April 2 (Thursday): Holy Thursday (Catholic holiday)
- May14 (Thursday): Solemnity of the Ascension (Catholic holiday)
- May 24-25 (Sunday-Monday): Shavuot (Jewish holiday) *
* Jewish holidays begin the night before the first date noted and end at sundown on the last date.
The members of the provost’s office hope that you have a wonderful semester.
Associate Provost and Assistant Vice President
Baruch College, CUNY
646-660-6504 (phone); 646-660-6531 (fax)