General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
This is a final reminder that, owing to federal regulations, all text book orders are due by 5pm on July 31. Those regulations further mandate that our book orders appear on CUNYfirst (CF). You may drop off your order at the bookstore as well, but our bookstore colleagues will have access to all CUNYfirst orders. To repeat: to meet federal auditing requirements, we must list the books in CUNYfirst—and do so by Tuesday, July 31.
Listing them means navigating through multiple CF screens. The following screen shots should make figuring out what to do less onerous. The screenshots below were produced using Internet Explorer. Your screens may look different if you use another browser, but the commands will be the same.
This link provides information on various methods of uploading textbook information to CF, including searching the web for specific textbooks: How To Enter Textbooks.
Here’s how the ordering works:
1. Log into CUNYfirst.
2. Select HR/Campus Solutions from the menu (see the screen shot below):
3. That should take you to the screen below, where you should select Self-Service:
4. You will see a screen similar to the one below (again, using different browsers will lead to slightly different screens) that includes the words Faculty Center. If you see My Textbooks, select that link and proceed to step 5; if not, select the link 2 More... and, once additional links have appeared, select My Textbooks.
5. If you see a screen with Add a New Value select that; if you do not have that choice, you should see a version of the screen featured in Step 6.
6. You will finally reach the screen in which you can fill out your textbook information. When you finish your entry, switch the radio button from Pending to Textbook entry complete and click the save button, near the bottom of the screen. Use the + button on the upper right corner of the “textbook details” screen to place additional textbooks on your list.
If you have difficulties, please consult the Help Desk of the Baruch College Technology Center (BCTC) at 646-660-1010 or HelpDesk1@baruch.cuny.edu .
Dennis Slavin, PhD
Associate Provost for Teaching and Learning
Assistant Vice President
Baruch College, CUNY
646-660-6504 (phone); 646-660-6531 (fax)