Planning Process at Baruch College: Schedule, 2002-2003 (revised August 16, 2002)
This page last updated on: July 30, 2017
The Baruch College Faculty Handbook
Last updated on 11/20/2002
· April, 2002 – After extensive discussion of the
College’s mission by the Senior Staff, President Regan issued a
preliminary mission statement and set of transformations for the
widest possible distribution and discussion throughout the College.
· April and May, 2002 – President Regan and representatives
met with key stakeholders to discuss and receive their suggestions
regarding the preliminary mission statement and set of transformations.
· June 3, 2002 – Deadline for written submissions
related to the College’s preliminary mission statement and transformations.
· August, 2002 – The Senior Staff considers and recommends
and the President approves a draft mission statement for Baruch
College as well as a set of “Strategic Directions” designed
to guide further planning. A planning letter of guidance is sent
by the President to each of the four vice presidents and three academic
· August, 2002 – January, 2003 – With appropriate
participation, each principal division of Baruch College –
headed by four vice presidents and three academic deans –
guides planning for that division.
· September, 2002 – President Regan appoints faculty
and student planning advisory committees to advise the President
and Provost regarding the College’s mission and strategic
· January 31, 2003 – Draft plans for divisions are
due from the four vice presidents and three deans.
· February, 2003 – Senior Staff consolidates and considers
divisional plans, and issues a draft Plan for Baruch College for
the widest possible discussion and recommendations from appropriate
· March – April, 2003 – College-wide consideration
of the draft plan.
· April, 2003 – The President and Senior Staff hold
a public hearing on the draft plan.
· April 30, 2003 – Deadline for written submissions
regarding the draft Plan for Baruch College.
· May, 2003 – Senior Staff recommends and the President
approves “A Plan for Baruch College, 2003-2007.” It includes
further revision of the mission statement and set of strategic directions,
· May 20, 2003 – Implementation of “A Plan for
Baruch College, 2003-2007”.
* * *
Beginning in January, 2004, and each January thereafter, the plan
will be reviewed annually and modified as necessary to reflect progress
on its implementation as well as internal and external developments
affecting the College.
In February of each year, the plan will be re-issued and articulated
with the College’s annual budget process and resource allocation
In order to ensure appropriate assessment activities essential
in the planning process, the Office of Institutional Research will
secure and maintain appropriate data.