Grading and Blackboard Migration
December 10, 2021
From: Edward D. Adams, Senior Registrar
Dear Fall 2021 Faculty,
Grading via Faculty Self-Service will be available for the fall 2021 term from Tuesday, December 14, 2021 (12:01am) through Tuesday, December 28, 2021 (11:59pm).
### Please be aware that the University is conducting maintenance on Blackboard and it will not be available after Monday, December 27, 2021 (11:59pm). If you use Blackboard to record your grade roster before transferring the grades to CUNYfirst please ensure that this procedure is completed by 11:59pm on Monday, December 27, 2021. ###
Baruch’s on-line grading system via CUNYfirst allows you to submit final grades from on or off-campus.
- Once you have entered, reviewed, and saved your grade roster, you must then click on “submit grades to the Registrar,” which will prompt the “POST” button
- You must click on “POST” in order for your final grades to be officially submitted.
- Once you have posted your grades, the students will be able to view them instantaneously via CUNYfirst Student Self-Service.
You are able to assign the grade of WU to undergraduate students on the grade roster only if they did not take the final examination.
WU – A grade of “WU” is to be assigned to students who attended a minimum of one class session, completely stopped attending, and did not officially withdraw. A “WU” grade should never be given in place of an “F” grade. The “F” grade is an earned grade based on poor performance and the student not meeting the learning objectives/outcomes of the course throughout the entire academic term/session.
As you are aware, CUNY’s grading policy states that grades be submitted no later than three (3) business days after the last day of the final examination period. This term, that means Tuesday, December 28, 2021 (11:59pm). Starting Wednesday, December 29, grades need to be submitted via our revised post-deadline submission policy: You must print the CUNYfirst version of your grade roster, manually record the grades, sign it, and email it, from your Baruch email address,to GradeRosters@Baruch.cuny.edu
- Some of the courses you teach may be pre-requisites for Winter and Spring 2022 courses.
- Late grades delay and/or prevent conferral of some students’ degrees.
- Rosters not submitted delay the distribution of financial aid packages.
- Some students depend on their companies’ tuition re-imbursement plans to meet their tuition payment obligation to the college.
Grading Instructions and Grading Scale/Definitions:
Claiming Your CUNYfirst Account:
To submit your grades, you must first claim your CUNYfirst account if you have not already done so. To claim your account, please click on the following links:
Should you encounter technical problems while using the CUNYfirst Self-Service system, please contact the Computing and Technology Help Desk at HelpDesk@Baruch.cuny.edu.
Edward D. Adams
Senior Registrar / Edward.Adams@Baruch.cuny.edu