Webinar: COVID-19 – Supporting Higher Ed Students Remotely
April 17, 2020
From: Teresa Hurst, Director, Baruch College Counseling Center
A few weeks ago, Prof. Glenn Albright (Psychology) and I partnered to create a webinar geared towards faculty in supporting higher ed students remotely during COVID-19.
The webinar addresses the following questions:
- What are some of the main challenges students are experiencing as they acclimate to an online environment in response to COVID-19?
- How are these challenges impacting student mental health?
- What are schools doing to support their students academically during this time?
- What can the faculty do to create a connected and supportive online learning environment for their students?
- What are some best practices to help faculty and staff recognize signs of distress in their students remotely?
- What can schools do to support students that need mental health support?
Please feel free to view the webinar or to share the link with those who could benefit from it:
Teresa Hurst, Ph.D.
Director, Baruch College Counseling Center
137 East 25th Street – 9th floor, NY, NY 10010